OnePlus 8 series OxygenOS 12 updated with. The company, which does not neglect to move to the back models of the series, continues to keep its products up to date. OnePlus beta It has made the transition to stable versions for the models it offers. In addition, OnePlus 8, OnePlus 8 Pro, OnePlus 8T and OnePlus 9R models have received the OxygenOS 12 interface with the Android 12 operating system.
OnePlus 8 Series OxygenOS 12 Update Notes
Looking at the change log, we can say that the same changes were made for all models.
- Optimized desktop icons with enhanced textures, using a design inspired by brand new materials and combining lights and layers
- Fixed an issue where background apps would close abnormally in certain scenarios
- Fixed issue with lens permissions when using third-party camera apps
- Fixed an issue where the screen could not respond when receiving notifications
- dark mode
- Dark mode now supports three adjustable levels, bringing a more personalized and comfortable user experience
- New additional styling options for cards make data content more visual and easier to read
- Newly added Headphone Control Board with one-click setting of Bluetooth headset
- Apps, Settings, Media Data etc. Newly added access to OnePlus Scout in Shelf that lets you search for multiple content on your phone, including
- The newly added OnePlus Tracker Card to easily browse your health stats
- work life balance
- Work Life Balance feature is now available to all users and allows you to effortlessly switch between Work and Life mode via quick settings
- WLB 2.0 now supports automatic Work/Life mode switching based on specific locations, Wi-Fi network and time, and also offers customized App notification profiles for personalization
- The gallery now allows you to switch between different layouts with a two-finger pinch, intelligently recognize the best quality images, and crop the thumbnail according to the content to make the gallery layout more pleasing.
- Canvas AOD
- Canvas AOD brings you a variety of new line and color styles for a more personalized lock screen experience with inspiring visuals
- Newly added multiple brushes and support for strokes and color adjustment
- Optimized software algorithm and improved facial recognition to better identify features and skin color of different shapes
- Fixed the issue of not being able to automatically connect to Wi-Fi
- Fixed an issue where wireless headphones could not play audio when connecting Bluetooth in certain scenarios
Information about when the update to be distributed via OTA will arrive will be available on OnePlus’ forum site.
There are some important details that have emerged recently when it comes to OxygenOS 12. After the initial rollout of OxygenOS 12 on OnePlus 9 and 9 Pro models, some bugs were reported. However, the update problems were fixed and the devices were updated to OxygenOS 12 again. However, with the decision taken by OnePlus and Oppo, it aimed to gather the OxygenOS operating systems in OnePlus together with ColorOS in Oppo under one roof.
Oppo and OnePlus operating systems named as sister operating systems
In the first place, this operating system is not given a special name. OnePlus 2.0 became known as Later, the companies announced that they were abandoning the merge process, but that they would share a unified code base and RnD. In addition, they stated that they maintain the special approach towards UX and UI. Accordingly, it is registered that OxygenOS 13 and ColorOS 13 versions will be released.
OnePlus OxygenOS – Oppo ColorOS
Finally OxygenOS 12 It should be noted that if the update is not liked, it is possible to return to the previous version.
The author, who published his first article on November 13, 2016, joined the Technopat family on October 26, 2020. Although he tries to write articles, he rarely turns to the news. Aiming to stay in Technopat for a long time, Cevat Emre is improving every day thanks to the articles and aims to offer you solutions on new issues.