(pocket-lint) — Amazon’s Alexa may launch after Apple’s Siri, but it’s arguably also the personal assistant that made personal assistants so popular.
While Siri is probably fun overall, Alexa has the advantage of being compatible with every smarthome device. If you use Alexa, either through an Amazon Echo device or a third-party device, this will help if you’re an iPhone user.
It’s possible to add an Alexa widget to your iPhone or iPad home screen so you can access Amazon’s personal assistant with a single tap. Alexa won’t be able to change settings on your iPhone, such as changing the brightness of your display, or launching an app, but you can control your Alexa-compatible smarthome gadgets, set timers, add to your shopping list, and ask questions. will be able to answer. ,
Here’s how to add an Alexa widget to your iPhone home screen.
How to Add the Alexa Widget to Your iPhone or iPad Home Screen
Here are the steps you need to follow to add Alexa widget to your iPhone home screen:
- Swipe from left to right on the Home screen of your iPhone or iPad.
- Touch and hold one of the widgets
- Tap on ‘Edit Home Screen’
- Tap the ‘+’ in the top left corner
- Scroll until you see Amazon Alexa, or type alexa in the search box at the top
- Tap on Amazon Alexa
- Tap on ‘Add Widget’
- Tap on ‘Done’ at the top
Once you’ve completed those steps, the Alexa widget will be available on your iPhone home screen by swiping from left to right. You can however move the widget to your main home screen.
To do this, follow the steps below:
5 reasons why the REDMAGIC 7 is a great gaming phone by Pocket-lint promotion 3 March 2022
This is a gaming phone that has been completely built from the ground up for the best performance possible.
- Swipe from left to right on your iPhone or iPad home screen
- Find Alexa Widgets
- Press and hold it and tap ‘Edit Home Screen’
- When widgets are wobbling, move the Alexa widget to your home screen where you want it
- Tap on ‘Done’ in the top right corner
- That’s it.
Written by Britta O’Boyle.