FRP is the acronym for “Factory Reset Protection” which in Spanish means “Factory Reset Protection”. So, if the error message “Custom Binary Blocked by FRP lock” has appeared on your mobile, it means that you have triggered its protection system that prevents unwanted software tampering or factory resets from occurring without the authorization of the original owner.
This problem often arises after the phone has been rooted in order to flash a new ROM/firmware or modify other advanced settings. It also usually occurs when trying reset the system to its factory state without first unlinking the Google account. Fortunately, there are several ways to fix this error and we will show you the most effective ones below.
How to fix “Custom Binary Blocked by FRP lock” error
As we mentioned before, there are many ways to fix “Custom Binary Blocked by FRP lock” error. Here we will show you the five best, from the simplest to apply to the most complicated. But do not be scared because really all the solutions are within the reach of the average user. You just follow the steps to the letter and sooner rather than later you will have solved the error.
Solution 1 – Do a force restart
On rare occasions, a simple force restart will remove the bug that has you miffing. How is it done? Thus:
- Turn on the mobile with on the power button as you normally would.
- Then press the power and volume down buttons at the same time.
- The screen will go black and the phone it will restart by itself. If he doesn’t, then turn him on.
Check if the error disappeared. If it’s still there, don’t be discouraged, it was to be expected. Try the following solutions.
Solution 2 – Use Recovery mode to restart it
Format your smartphone it can also remove “Custom Binary Blocked by FRP lock” error in certain cases. This method will erase everything on your device, but it may be the solution you’ve been looking for. Do you want to try it? Do the following:
- Turn off your cell phone.
- Once powered off, hold down this combination of buttons: power + volume up + home. When the screen lights up, release the buttons.
- Using the physical volume buttons to scroll and the power button to accept, select the option Wipe data/Factory reset.
- Now press on Yes / delete all user data.
- Wait for the process to finish and then click Reboot system now.
That way, your smartphone will start up from scratch and possibly no longer have the aforementioned error.
Solution 3 – Use TalkBack to patch the bug
TalkBack is a Google app built into most Android devices that lets you control them without even looking at them. You can take advantage of the configuration of this tool to install a patch on your mobile that solves the FRP lock. Although before doing that, we recommend you follow this procedure:
- Disconnect any WiFi network on your Android (don’t turn off the connection).
- Press the start button 3 times in a row on your phone to launch TalkBack setup.
- When the options appear, tap on Settings and exit TalkBack by pressing the home button again three times in a row.
In some cases, this is enough to clear the error. If your phone still has the problem then continue doing the following:
- Go back to enter TalkBack settings by triple tapping the home button.
- go to Settings > TalkBack Help.
- Next, open one of the videos that you will see in this section and press the option to Share.
- Then tap on Plus and some YouTube update settings will appear. There, select Skip.
- The video will start playing in full screen. What you must do now is minimize it, dragging it to the bottom.
- Next, the Android browser will open where you must enter the following: “QuickShortcutGoogle Manager” (without quotation marks).
- Then download the APKs QuickShortcutMaker and Google AccountManager.
- Then go into your browser history and select the APK from the download history that you just downloaded. First, install Google Account Manager and then the other.
- After installing the latest APK (QuickShortcutMaker), tap on To open.
- In the app, search for “Google Account” and click on “Google AccountManager«.
- Choose any of the two options in which the routes appear: “login” and “gsf.login.AccountSecurityActivity”.
- tap on try. They will ask you for a new password, but you just have to skip this step and go to Browser sign-in (it’s in the top right).
- Finally, you have to sign in with a google account. Do it with one that is not personal.
- Follow the steps shown on the screen and you’re done.
Thus, the error should already be a thing of the past. If not, then you have to resort to the last and definitive solution that you will see right away.
Solution 4 – Revert to factory settings (requires PC)
The method that usually gives the best results to solve the error “Custom Binary Blocked by FRP lock” is to install the original firmware of the device to leave it as it came from the factory. To do this, you must have the following:
Once you have what you need, follow these steps to remove this annoying error from your smartphone:
- Switch off the mobile phone.
- Hold down the following button combination: volume down + home + power.
- When the «Warning» screen appears, press the volume up.
- You will see a “Downloading” screen. At that moment, connect your smartphone via USB cable to PC.
- Opens Odin in the computer.
- The program should recognize your device, displaying the message Added in the box on the left. If not, then download your Android USB drivers, install them on PC and try again.
- Next, press AP button to select firmware of your mobile that must be in a folder on your PC if you downloaded and unzipped it previously.
- Wait for the program to verify the firmware and then click on Start.
- Now, just wait for the process to complete.
That’s it! When the installation completes, your Android it will reboot automatically without the error “Custom Binary Blocked by FRP lock”. It won’t have your installed apps or anything you’ve saved on it (photos, videos, etc.), but at least you’ll be able to use it normally.
If these solutions did not work for you, or do not correspond to the FRP problem you are trying to solve, we recommend that you take a look at this article on how to bypass FRP protection on Android with an APK and DroidKit.