After years of seeing the Word pointer in the form of an arrowhead. Now we can change its shape, color, size and more. Either with the same tools that the program offers us or with third-party applications.
On this day, We will be explaining how to change the mouse cursor in wordFollow us and learn how to do it.
What are the steps to change the cursor layout of Word?
To change the appearance of the pointer in Word, either because you want to customize or simply to have a larger size. We have two alternatives to do it, which are:
With pre-installed layouts
The Windows 10 program offers us several alternatives to change the appearance and size of our cursor in an easy and fast way. To do so you must follow these steps:
- Go to the Windows 10 Settings section
- Select Accessibility.
- When the fan of options opens, on the left side, we must click on cursor and pointer.
- Next, the options to change the color, size and thickness of the pointer are presented.
With custom cursors
To improve the appearance of our cursor, we can customize it. And we would do it as follows:
- Located on the screen, we click on the left side of the mouse, and click on the Customize option.
- When the settings window opens, we select where it says Theme.
- And then we select Mouse Cursor
- Immediately, the pop-up window will open. Properties: Mouse, and we will have several tabs to work with.
- We open the Pointers tab, then we click on outline and a list will open, with the images of the pointers that are pre-installed.
- We select the one we liked and click accept.
- Automatically, all the cursors that we normally use will be changed.
- If we want to change it individually, we click on examine and a window will open with the list of all types of cursors.
- We choose the one we want to change, We click apply and then accept.
From the Pointer Options tab, we can adjust the speed of the pointer, activate the trace and show the location, among other things.
Where can you get new designs for your cursor?
For more slider models, we just need to browse the internet. We will get many websites from where to download them for free. Among them:
- Rw designer
It is one of the most named pages at the time of getting, custom cursors. Because of the great variety they have, both paid and free. It has a very friendly interface. To use it we just have to:
- Open the application Place the word Cursors in the search engine.
- Browse, within the list that appears.
- When we choose the one we like we click on it.
- Then click on download. We check if it is a .RAR or .ZIP file, to see if we can download it from our team.
- Once downloaded, the folder appears in Downloads.
- We stand on the folder. With the left mouse button, we click on extract here and that’s it we will have the package of selected cursors on the desktop of our PC.
- From here on, we need to follow the steps, explained above, to customize the cursor.
How to transform the cursor into a laser pointer?
The PowerPoint program offers us the possibility of change our cursor to laser pointer. And we explain how to do it below:
- Having already designed our presentation.
- We are located in Presentation with Slides.
- Then, we hold down the Control or Ctrl key at the same time as we click and move the cursor, and there we will have the laser pointer.
It is necessary to clarify that as soon as you release the Control buttonthe cursor will return to its original shapel, if you don’t want the arrowhead cursor to be visible at all, hold down the Ctrl key all the time.
On the other hand, the default laser pointer is red. But, we can change it to green or blue, according to the background color of the presentation. Since the idea is that it stands out, and we do it in the following way:
- Open the tab, Slide Show.
- Click Configure Presentation.
- Go to Presentation Options and there we will have the box to change the color of the laser pointer.
- Chosen the color, we click on accept and that’s it, we will have already made the change.