The possibility of knowing how to get to a place, shops or businesses that are close to our location, is one of the most used functions in mobile devices; especially on phones Androidbecause they are integrated with the Google platform, including its Maps.
Its operation is quite simple. Our smartphones collect the signals from the satellites that are in orbit around the earth in order to calculate the exact position. One of the great benefits of this feature is receiving alerts for natural disasters in the area, whether it be an earthquake or severe storms.
The portal android4all.com shared some recommendations so that you can improve the accuracy of the location of your cell phone with an operating system designed by the Mountain View company.
Activate the location of your Android device
It is important to have this function active, as it will allow you to use maps or other applications that require your location. In case you have this feature disabled, at Mag El Comercio we guide you so that you can enjoy this option:
- Go to device Settings
- Swipe to see Location and enter this section
- Activate the Location Access option and you’re done. GPS sensors will be working
Another way to activate the GPS is through the quick settings of the Control Panel, just look for the Location icon and press it to start working.
Google Location Accuracy
Our devices do not show the exact location of where we are. Our map indicates a distance between 30 to 50 meters with respect to our real position. If you want Google Maps to show your location as close to reality as possible, follow these steps:
- Go to Settings and swipe until you see Location
- Once inside this section, look for Google Location Accuracy and activate it
Calibrate your location on Google Maps
This option is one of the direct ones and you do not need to go to the Phone Settings. You only need to enter the Maps app to have a more precise location:
- Go to Google Maps
- Click on the blue button that shows your position
- You will see a message indicating that the accuracy is low
- Select the blue button that says Calibrate
- A message will appear on the screen requesting that you tilt and move the phone in a figure eight
- Repeat the movement until “compass accuracy: High” appears
- Now click on Done and you will have finished the process