Has your grandfather ever asked you to enlarge the letters on his cell phone? Is he unable to accurately see the messages you send him or is he simply having trouble answering a call? Well, from now on you can activate the “senior mode”. What is it for?
There are several Android smartphones that come with this quite useful tool, especially if your grandfather has trouble making a call or is simply not used to using the touch screen. Do you want to know how to activate the “older adults mode”? We explain it to you.
WHAT IS THE “OLDER MODE” OF YOUR ANDROID CELL PHONE FOR?
- The “senior mode” is located in Settings.
- Then go to “Accessibility features”.
- Look for the “Senior Adults Mode” section.
- When you activate it, you will see that all the words on your cell phone will increase in size.
- That way your grandfather can read the message you wrote him without making too much effort with his eyes.
In this way, the screen of your cell phone will be seen in case you decide to activate the “older adults mode”. (Photo: MAG – Rommel Yupanqui)
- This will help, above all, older people who have little visualization capacity or simply do not see the small letters of the cell phone well.
- The “older adults mode” is present in Huawei, Motorola, Samsung and Xiaomi cell phones.
- In case you want to have the larger letters or accommodate them to your liking, you can also regulate the font size from the Settings of your cell phone.
WHY YOU SHOULD NOT PUT YOUR ANDROID CELL PHONE ON VIBRATION
- The first detail that you have to take into account is that when the vibration is activated on your cell phone, it uses more battery unlike having it with sound.
- This small component that is quite tiny in a smartphone may require more resources to be able to vibrate.
- On the other hand, you can define the silent mode in case you are running out of battery so that it does not run out quickly instead of choosing the vibrator on your Android phone.