Microsoft Excel is one of the most excellent Office applications that can exist in the market. With it we can mount, view and distribute files from a spreadsheet. With it we can carry out processes, how to calculate balance points, make graphs for surveys or calculations. Or any other functions as far as mathematical calculations are concerned. In addition, through Excel you can read create databases and add images to them. In this guide we will help you discover how to do it.
How do you link a picture to a cell in Excel?
Thanks to Excel we can invert data from one row to another using formulas, you can many times try insert a picture in excel, it remains floating above the sheet and does not adhere to any cell. If that is your case, we are going to explain how to link an image to a cell in Excel. For that, three fundamental steps must be executed.
The first thing to do is insert the image within the Microsoft Excel spreadsheet. To do this, do the following.
- In the ribbon at the top of the Excel page, there is the ‘Insert’ tab, click on it and select the ‘Image’ option.
- Then we are going to select the image that we want to incorporate into the sheet, it is an essential requirement that the image is saved on the computer.
Now you must, is fix image borders to a cell, that must be done like this.
- In this case, we only have to adjust the parameters of the image to what we want, then the image is placed inside the cell.
- The last procedure is to insert the image into the cell.
What are the steps to add images in an Excel database?
Creating a database integrating images is one of the functions that Excel allows us to perform, as well as adding horizontal axes to graphs. The image database It can serve us as catalogs. The images option is inserted from the beginning to start creating the commands that the database must execute.
From your Windows 10 PC
After creating the entire database and filling in each data, we are going to go to another Excel sheet where we are going to make the sheet for each employee. We made several tables where code, name, surname, age, sex, position will be filled in and at the end a wider field which is where the image goes.
that field must have a name In order to execute the action, after having all the fields created, we are going to start modifying the database code to incorporate the image into it.
- We go to the name of the sheet at the bottom, right-click and choose the view code option. A window will appear.
- There we are going to go to the object, where it says general, we are going to click on it to change to ‘WorkSheet’. At that moment it will give us the option to change the code.
- We are going to make a variable that will give us the order to fill in the field. We put example, imagepath = ”. Inside the two quotes we are going to put the image folder path which is inside the folder where all our database data is.
- The variable can be as follows
With the mobile app
This procedure is super simple from the mobile device, for this it is essential that we have the updated Excel application from the Google Play store, now we are going to give you the steps to follow to insert the image into the spreadsheet.
- We create a new document, and click on the insert icon and select the Image option.
- Then you are going to choose where you are going to place the image inside the cell, the image may be larger than the cell, but you can enlarge it.
- Finally choose the photo and upload it to the sheet, adjust all the data and that’s it. It should be noted that the images They must be less than 50 MB.
On iOS devices
Apple line devices and Android line devices, in terms of application functions, are handled in the same way, so if you have an iPhone device, insert an image into the Excel sheet it’s the same Android procedure.
What is the way to make an image browser in Excel?
This procedure can be carried out in a simple way, without the need to use macros. To do this, we just have to Have on another sheet the image data what we want to search for.
- We must have a sheet with the names of the images we want to search for. In column B we place the names and in column A to the images.
- It is possible that the images are bigger than the cells, but you can increase the height of the row. To do this, all the data is shaded and we are going to right-click and choose the row height option and we can place a number equal to or less than 40.
- Next, we are going to name the cell corresponding to the image we want to search for. This is done in the data sheet.
- Then we go to the search page and create a drop-down list with the names of the Images, so that the image appears, every time we press the name, this function must be carried out.
- We go to the name manager, we copy the combined formula of the image and the name to give it a name and be able to make the search engine.
- Then we select the image, we go to the formula bar, we put the name logo. And the image we want to search for will automatically be displayed.