With Clear Scan you can scan any type of document with your Android mobile, share it in PDF format and save it in your cloud storage service.
Until a few years ago, in order to be able to scan a document and send it by email, you needed to have a scanner or a multifunction printer with an integrated scanner and a computer, but for some time now you have been able to carry out this task directly from your mobile simply using an app to scan documents and Gmail or another app to manage your email.
In the Google Play Store you will find a wide variety of free applications to scan documents, but since it is not easy to find one that works well and is easy to usethis time we come to talk about Clear Scan, the best app to scan documents that we have tested on Android.
Clear Scan is the application you need to scan documents quickly and easily
After testing a large number of applications to scan documents, we can safely say that Clear Scan is the best tool to perform this task, both for its simplicity of use as well as its large number of functions.
When you open the Clear Scan app for the first time, what you will see are two buttons at the bottom, one with a gallery icon and one with a photo camera icon and a menu button, identified with an icon of three vertical stripesat the top left of the app.
To scan a document with Clear Scan you just have to carry out these simple steps:
- Click on the camera icon located at the bottom of the app
- Focus on the document you want to scan and click on the circle button that appears at the bottom to take a picture of it
- Adjust the edges of the image and rotate it if necessary
- Click on the confirmation button located in the lower right corner
- Choose the format you want the image you just captured to have, being able to choose between 4 options: original, photo, doc and clear
- Select if you want the image to be saved in color or black and white clicking on the button at the top right
- Click on the confirmation button again located in the lower right corner
Once this is done, you will see that the document you just scanned is already it appears in the app with a generic name and if you click on the menu button located at the top right and then on the option Renameyou can put the name you want to identify it more easily.
From this same screen you can also share this scanned document, either in pdf format (the default one) or in jpg format. To do this, simply click on the button Share located at the bottom right, select the format of the document and then the application through which you want to share it.
But this is not all because Clear Scan also allows you automatically save all your scanned documents to the most popular cloud storage services like Google Drive, Dropbox, OneDrive or Box.
For set up Clear Scan with your favorite cloud you just have to perform the following actions:
- Click on the menu button located at the top left of the app
- Select the option Synchronization with…
- Choose the cloud storage service you want to use and your account in it
- Click on the section Sync settings and activate the option Enable auto sync
After performing these steps, each time you scan a document with Clear Scan, it will upload automatically to your cloud so that you have all the documents you have scanned in a safe place.
Clear Scan is a totally free app with ads and with a single in-app purchase that allows you to remove advertising by a single payment of 4.09 euros
Related topics: free apps