Kazim has always been fond of technology, be it scrolling through settings on his iPhone, Android device or Windows. And sometimes, opening the device to view the hardware, though… read more
- When Google is not deleting search history, it could be due to problems with the server or the connection.
- To fix the problem, login to your Google Account again, or try another method here.
- Also, learn how to delete Google search history automatically.
Click on download file to XINSTALL
To fix various PC problems, we recommend Restoro PC Repair Tool:
This software will repair common computer errors, protect you from file loss, malware, hardware failure and optimize your PC for maximum performance. Fix PC problems and remove viruses now in 3 easy steps:
- Download Restoro PC Repair Tool Which comes with patented technology (patent available here).
Click Start Scan To find Windows issues that may be causing PC problems.
Click fix everything To fix problems affecting your computer’s security and performance
- Restoro has been downloaded by 0 readers this month.
Many of us are under the impression that deleting the search history on the browser ensures privacy and security. We don’t know that Google even tracks our activity, and many users run into errors when they try to delete its search history.
Google uses search history to show personalized ads to users. Although seeing personalized ads doesn’t seem like a big problem, knowing that your searches are being recorded and accessed later is a serious concern for many.
If you also don’t want your searches recorded, here’s how you can delete Google search history.
How do I delete Google search history?
- Launch any trusted and secure browser, go to Activity Controls section in your google accountand click Manage all web and app activity,
- Now, click on delete down button find your activity,
- Finally, select the time frame for which you want to delete google search history on the computer.
- Data that falls within the selected time frame will be automatically deleted.
This will clear the search history for all Google products, such as Chrome, Gmail, Maps, News, and Translate. If you want to remove a specific one or a few, add them to the filter, and then proceed with the removal.
Remember, deleting search history does not mean that it will be immediately removed from Google’s servers. However, it will no longer be used to show personalized ads.
What do I do if Google is not deleting search history?
1. Try again after sometime
If you clear Google search history regularly and are facing the problem for the first time, it could be a temporary issue with the server. Or you may have problem with internet connection. Try restarting the computer and the modem/router.
No matter what the underlying cause is, in these cases it is always better to wait for some time and then try again. If Google is still not clearing the search history, move on to the next method.
2. Re-login to your Google Account
- Go to Google, click on your profile picture (or alphabet if you haven’t added a picture), and select Sign Out from menu.
- After that, click on sign in button near the top-right corner.
- Now, enter your Google Account details to login.
In some cases, logging out and then signing back in to your Google Account helps fix the problem. This is usually due to a minor bug, in which a re-login would be easily eliminated.
Once done, the problem of Google not deleting search history should be fixed.
Read more about this topic
3. Use a Dedicated VPN
If both the methods listed earlier did not work, then you should use a dedicated and reliable VPN. This is because the problem most likely lies with the connection settings, and using an effective VPN will eliminate this.
In addition, VPNs offer a slew of other benefits, the most important being their ability to hide a user’s identity. Plus, they can help you bypass geo-blocking by connecting to a server in another country.
How do I set Google search history to be deleted automatically?
- Go to the Activity Controls section in your Google account, and click Choose an auto-delete option below Web & App Activity,
- select the Auto delete old activity from Options, choose the desired duration from the dropdown menu, and then select . click on next on surface.
- Now, click on confirm To save changes. Additionally, saved activities older than the selected period will now be deleted.
From now on, Google will automatically delete the search history and you won’t have to worry about it. However, you can still delete it manually whenever you want.
The methods listed here, although illustrated for Windows PC, work on every device, and can fix Google not deleting search history on Android or iPhone as well.
Also, find out what to do if you find unknown searches in Google search history as it could be a sign of an account violation.
Let us know which fix worked and your thoughts on Google search history in the comments section below.
Still having problems? Fix them with this tool:
Restoro has been downloaded by 0 readers this month.
Was this page helpful?
Not enough detail Other difficult to understand Contact an expert
start a conversation