With all the permissions we give to social media and apps, we put our personal information at risk. There have been cases in which users have seen their phone numbers, home or office address, among other data, on websites or in searches for Googlewithout having been given permission to be exposed.
Fortunately, the most popular search engine on the Internet has devised a way for Internet users to report the publication of personal information without consent, and in this way put a stop to the misuse of data by third parties.
The website crast.net, published the procedure to follow to request the withdrawal of our personal information on the web. The process can be a bit long, but it is the best way to protect ourselves from possible scams.
TUTORIAL TO REMOVE YOUR PHONE NUMBER FROM GOOGLE SEARCHES
- If you have detected that your data has been exposed on Google, go to This formulary
- Select the search engine services in which you have seen your information
- Specify the request to make, if it is personal information, click on “Remove personal information from Google in accordance with our product policies (personally identifiable information, doxxing, non-consensual explicit images, etc.)”
- They will ask you to go to a new page where you will be explained how the information withdrawal process is carried out.
- Select the option How to remove selected personally identifiable information (PII) or doxing content from Google Search
- The system will send you to a web address page where you have to look for the blue button where it is indicated How to start a removal request
- It remains only to follow the remaining instructions and that’s it
- Google will guide you through the rest of the process. Each box has simple language so that the user can complete the rest of the application without fear of making mistakes.
Fill out the Google form by following the instructions displayed. Photo: Google
Google: how to enable two-step verification from your cell phone or PC
- First, from your cell phone or computer go to the page google-accountyou can go directly by clicking here.
- Now, on the left lateral side, hit the “Security” tab.
- Locate yourself in the “Access to Google” section and tap on “2-step verification”, by default you will not have it enabled.
- Click on the blue button that says “Start”.
- Probably, they ask you to enter your email and password, add them.
- Here you will get the phones where you have linked your account Googleclick on “Next”.
- Add your current mobile number and choose which method you want the verification code to reach you: through a “Text Message (SMS)” or “Phone call”.
- Click on “Send” and Google will have sent you a test code to your cell phone. Write the password in the area that says “Enter the code” > “Next”.
- Finally, they will ask you if you want to activate the verification in two steps, click on “Activate”.