If you or a family member has unintentionally Deleted Messages from Meta Messenger App And want to recover them, this quick guide follows from our previous article on how to delete messages from Messenger application. This follow-up article walks you through how to recover those deleted messages depending on how long it took for the original message to be deleted. Unfortunately sometimes though it is impossible to recover messages that have been deleted for quite some time.
if you have accidentally deleted messages from messenger appThe first thing to do is to check if your message has been accidentally moved to the message archive area within the app, rather than deleted entirely. It’s a long shot but might be worth investigating as mine is quite easy to mistake and could save you a lot of heartache. It’s possible to accidentally do this by sliding your finger over a conversation. This will be followed by “Options for”archive” And “MoreUnder “More” you will find the option to permanently delete messages.
check archives first
To check Messenger app archive to recover possibly accidentally archived and deleted messages:
1. Open the Messenger app on your phone or tablet and select your profile picture,
2. Once you are viewing your profile, select “archived chat” from the list.
3. A List of all your archived messages will be displayed, so you can easily recover anything you inadvertently tried to move or delete.
4. To unreserve a message, swipe from right to left with your finger and follow along with your pre-submitted “remove from archive” option. Selecting this will return to your active conversation and retrieve the message.
If you prefer to perform the recovery operation using a browser on your computer or laptop, it can be done in your referenced browser by visiting the official Facebook or Meta website.
1. Simply open Facebook/Meta in your browser and login.
2. Then “Choose” the officialMessengericon in the top right corner of the page.
3. A list of all your conversations will be presented at the bottom with an option for “See all in Messenger”, select this option.
4. Once in your chat window, select the three dots”,“Icon” at the top of the main chat list on the left
5. Another menu will appear and about halfway down you’ll see the option to choosearchived chat“Select it.
6. A complete list of all your archived messages will be presented, so you can reply to the chat and move it once again to the active conversation list in Messenger.
If you have checked your archive, and deleted message is not listed. You’ll be pleased to know that Facebook keeps deleted messages, so you can recover them. Although they do not confirm how long they will keep the deleted messages before they are permanently deleted.
The ultimate way to recover deleted messages from Messenger is to download your Facebook data before it is completely deleted from the server. This is accomplished by asking Facebook and the Meta support team to send you a copy of all of your data on your website, or if possible, just deleted messages. It’s a long shot but hopefully the deleted message you are trying to recover from the Messenger app will be included in one of these backups. To request profile image data from Facebook using iOS:
Request your Messenger data from iOS
1. Open the Messenger app and select your profile image at the top of the page once again.
2. This will open your profile page with your “Access” option near the bottomaccount settings,
3. On the Account Settings page, you will see an option “download profile informationSelect it and on the new options page that appears, “Select”messages,
4. If you don’t want to download all your Facebook Messenger app data then uncheck anything else that may be selected.
5. Now scroll down to the bottom of the page and tap “Tap”.create fileThis will send a request to the server to export your data and the file will be assigned a “Pending” status.
6. Once the file export is complete, you will be able to check its contents to recover your deleted messages if they are still available and not permanently deleted by Facebook.
Messenger data from browser
If you prefer to download your Facebook Messenger app data via the browser:
1. Open the Facebook website once again in your favorite browser
2. Tap the down arrow in the top right corner of your browser window and select “Settings & Privacy”
3. Within the Settings and Privacy area, select “Options for”Adjustment” at top.
4. Select “Option for” in the next window on the rightprivacy,
5. Select “Privacy” in the windowyour facebook info,
6. On the section labeled “” in the center of your browserdownload profile information” Choose “see” on the right hand side.
7. Then “Select”messagesAnd to speed up the process of export, take anything you don’t want to download.
8. Once you have selected everything, click on the blue color “create filebutton above the check box on the right in the center of the screen.
9. Once the export of your deleted messages is completed, Facebook will send you a notification and then you can view the file to recover deleted messenger app chats or conversations.
If you’re still experiencing problems trying to recover deleted messages from the Messenger app, check with the official Facebook support team to see if they can help you recover those important items. It is always advisable to get in touch. before they are permanently automatically deleted by the server.
Filed Under: Guides, Top News