There are many reasons why you might want to wipe the slate clean on Twitter without deleting your account.
Social networks are the ideal place to keep in touch with friends and family, share interests and even meet new people. Twitter, for example, is one of the most popular platforms at the moment, and it is very likely that it has been a long time since you created your account, which means that you have possibly posted some tweets you regret.
If that is your case, maybe you think that the best solution is delete your old tweets, and you are right. But, You know how to do it? If the answer is no, you’re going to love this, because this time we’ll tell you everything you need to know about it.
Delete your tweets easily and quickly
Unfortunately, Twitter only allows you delete one tweet at a time, Which would be fine if you’ve only made a few posts, but if you’ve tweeted thousands of times, you’ll definitely need to try something else. A radical solution that we do not recommend is to create a new Twitter account, assign it the username you usually use and then delete your current account with all your tweets.
By doing this, you will lose all your followers, which is not exactly the solution we were hoping for. But, if you are ready to start from scratch on the platform, you should know that there are a series of tools that allow you delete all your tweets with little effort.
Delete all your tweets with TweetDelete
TweetDelete is one of the most popular and effective services to manage your tweets. With this tool, you will have the possibility to mass delete all your tweets, In addition to automatically deleting tweets you post in the future, after they have been active for a set period of time. It has a free version, in which you can delete up to 3,200 tweets and likes, but you will have to opt for its Premium version if you exceed this number of publications.
Using this service is very simple, all you have to do is follow the steps that we will detail below:
- Go to the TweetDelete website.
- Log in with your Twitter credentials and authorize the service to access your account.
- Fill in the form with the needed information to delete your tweets.
- Here you can choose between delete all your tweets or just some in a certain period of time. You’ll also be able to select how often you want to delete future tweets.
- Click on the button Delete my tweets and ready.
TweetEraser another great option
As with TweetDelete, this tool allows you to delete up to 3,200 tweets for free, but, if you’re willing to pay a small fee for 30-day access to the service, you can delete as many tweets as you like, for multiple Twitter accounts. To delete your tweets through this app, you will have to do the following:
- Go to the TweetDelete website.
- Register on the platform with your Twitter credentials.
- Go to the section Tweets.
- Once there, you can use the search filters to find the tweets you want to delete, based on date, hashtags, and keywords.
- You will also have the option to select all your tweets
- When everything is ready, click on the button Delete tweets.
- To end, confirm the action and TweetEraser will start to work its magic. It may seem a bit slower than you’d like, but you just have to be patient.
Whatever the reason you want to delete your tweets, the above methods should be more than enough for you. However, by doing so, there is no way back, so if you’re worried you might regret your decision, we recommend downloading all of your tweets. This will be done as a ZIP file containing all the tweets and retweets you’ve posted or deleted, so you can save them wherever you want.
Related topics: Social media