Earlier this week, Google launched Android 13 during its I/O developer conference and released Android 13 Beta2 beta version for Pixels. Meanwhile, several other Android device makers have announced their own Android 13 beta or developer preview. HMD Global has now announced that you can now test it with the Nokia X20. It’s worth noting that HMD is calling this a developer preview, not a beta, so the new version may leave a lot to be desired.
If you want to try it too, you can now go through the “My Device” app on the Nokia X20, find the support interface at the bottom banner, and then find the Android 13 Developer Preview below. After passing the registered IMEI check for Android 13 DP, you can start the application. Nokia will release the new version over the air within 12 hours after a successful application and registration.
Of course, after the app is successful, you can also manually check for the update yourself, and you’ll get the update in about 20 minutes. Specifically, you can go to “Settings > About phone > System update” to check.
The Android 13 DP version comes with a pre-installed Customer Feedback app, through which you can report any issues you encounter. If you need to roll back to Android 12, you can also make a request through My Devices.
Nokia X20 Specifications
- 6.67-inch (2400×1080 pixels) FHD+ 20:9 aspect ratio display, up to 450 nits brightness, 82% NTSC color gamut
- Octa Core Snapdragon 480 8nm Mobile Platform (2GHz x 2+1.8GHz x 6 Kryo 540 CPU) with Adreno 619 GPU
- 6GB/8GB LPDDR4x RAM with 128GB (UFS 2.1) storage, expandable memory up to 512GB with microSD
- Hybrid Dual SIM (nano + nano / microSD)
- android 11
- 48MP (64MP in X20) rear camera with LED flash, ZEISS optics, 5MP ultra-wide camera, 2MP depth, 2MP macro camera with f/2.4 aperture, OZO Audio
- 8MP (32MP in X20) front-facing camera
- side-mounted fingerprint sensor
- 3.5mm audio jack, FM radio
- Splash Resistant (IP52)
- Dimensions: 168.94 x 79.7 x 9.1 mm; Weight: 210g (X10) / 220g (X20)
- 5G SA/NSA, Dual 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11 ac (2.4GHz + 5GHz), Bluetooth 5.0, GPS/ GLONASS/ Beidou, USB Type-C
- 4470mAh (normal) battery with 18W charging
The Android 13 system comes with the all-new Google Wallet, which supports boarding, concert, vaccination cards and other tickets, in addition to payments. Later this year, a “Security and Privacy Settings” page will be added. One Place collects all key data privacy information and is designed to encourage Android users to address any security concerns that may arise. Android 13 also allows users to set the system language on a per-app basis. It is also helpful for multilingual users who depend on different languages in different situations.