Currently, there are two types of connections to access the Internet: the first, through the cables that go directly from the modem router to the computer; and the second, with wireless technology, the latter you find not only in cell phones, tablets or laptops, but also some desktop computers. Although networks usually Wifi they have a password that is difficult to guess, this does not mean that a person cannot violate their security, in fact it is likely that there is more than one unknown user connected to your WiFi network. Do you want to know how to detect it? Next we will explain it from Depor.
If you are up to date with your payments with the company that provides you with internet services and you do not have breakdowns in your area, and even so the browsing speed is very slow, it is time that you begin to suspect that there are probably one or more unknown persons who are connected to your signal Wifi, it means that they have seen the way to access your network without knowing the password. Fortunately, it is possible to discover such information with the help of your device. Androidof course with the help of an external application.
THE GUIDE TO KNOW IF THERE ARE STRANGERS CONNECTED TO MY WIFI NETWORK
- First, go to the Google Play Store Android to download “fing network scanner” app, you can quickly get it by clicking here.
- Open the app and click “Next” > “Accept and continue” > “Enable location” > grant the necessary permissions “While the app is in use”.
- You are not required to register, so tap on the button that says “I’ll think about it”.
- Now, Fing Scanner will ask you “What is your attitude towards technology”, and under four options: “I’m a professional”, “I’m a hobbyist”, “I get by” or “I need help”, choose one.
- You will get a screen and above the name of the network that you are currently connected to.
- Underneath click on “Search for devices”.
- Wait for the application to finish loading and all cell phones, tablets, televisions, etc., any equipment that is connected to your signal, will appear.
- If you click on a mobile, for example, you will have certain data such as the brand of the device, the model, the version of its operating system, and most important of all, the “IP Address”.
- In case you find a device that you do not know, in the “Manage this device” section, click on the trash can icon (Delete).
- Another option would be to change the WiFi password.
How do I know if my Android phone supports WiFi calling?
- Open the calling app that comes by default on your smartphone Android.
- The next step is to click on the “Contacts” tab.
- Now, tap on any contact name.
- Here the following icons will appear: “Video call”, “Messages” and “WiFi calls”, the latter must have the symbol of a telephone and an internet signal on the side.