As some may already know, Google has created a new app which is automatically installed on your Android devices called Google Play Protect, with the function of protecting mobile phones or tablets from malicious applications. But why would you want to disable it?
What does Play Protect do and why disable it?
This application fulfills a function that is very useful for many, since it allows protect your devices from any attack or extraction of personal information by potentially harmful apps.
However, if you don’t pay attention to the small letters that indicate their functions, you won’t realize that Google Play Protect is dedicated in a few words to access the privacy of any of your applicationssimilarly invading private information stored on devices on a daily basis.
Besides, Google Play Protect sometimes prevents you from installing APK that you know are 100% safe, which is why it’s a hassle.
And although it fulfills an important functionality for the security of Android devices, it is a double-edged sword that many may not like. For that reason I will teach you the correct way to disable Google Play Protect on Android.
How to disable Google Play Protect on your Android?
- The first thing you should do is go to the google play app. When you enter you can see in the upper right part the profile picture. You have to touch it.
- pressing the profile a panel is displayed which contains information from Google Play. There you see a icon with a shield that says Play Protectwhich you must click.
- appears to you the main panel of the app. In this panel you find a kind of nut at the top that you need to depress.
- When you touch this nut sends you to “Play Protect Settings” that allows you to edit the settings. There you find three options:
- Scan apps with Play Protect
- Improve detection of harmful apps
- App permissions not used
- You must press where it says Scan apps with Play Protect, and that option is immediately disabled. In turn, disable the second option that says “Improve the detection of harmful apps” thus managing to instantly disable Google Play Protect completely.
Following these four simple steps you can deactivate this appand thus take care within your possibilities of the private information of your Android devices before Google.
Pros and cons of having Play Protect on your mobile
In the same way, it is important that you really know if you need this application or not. Because, like everything, it also has things very positive for protection of your Android devices. For that reason I would like to show you the pros and cons of this app.
Knowing all this information about Google Play Protect, it is up to you, if it is in your interest to keep it active or, failing that, inactive, will you disable it?
Let me know in the comments!