Image: Intelligent Systems
fire Emblem Fans are feasting right now. We’re just two weeks away from the release of Fire Emblem Warriors: Three Hopes, a Musso game set in the Fire Emblem: Three Houses world. Three House itself has been extremely successful for Switch On Intelligent Systems. And Fire Emblem Heroes continues to be extremely popular among fans.
Yet there’s more to this strategy RPG series lover. Known Nintendo leaker and Nintendo World Report contributor Emily Rogers has revealed that Intelligent Systems is working on a new Fire Emblem game for the Switch — and it’s a new game, not a remake or rerelease.
Rogers shared the details of this over on Famiboards, where he stated that the game is a collaborative effort between Intelligent Systems, Warrior’s Developer Koei Tecmo, and Gust – a division of Koei Tecmo and creator of factory Chain. Rogers also has some information about a potential new entry:
Here i can share about new fire emblem game.
– The upcoming Fire Emblem is a new game, not a remake. Brand new story.
– collaboration between Intelligent Systems, Koei Tecmo And gust (Division of Koei Tecmo Holdings).
– Gust was heavily assisted with visuals/graphics. The graphics are an improvement over “Three Houses”.
– Originally intended as an anniversary game to celebrate the 30th anniversary of FE. It’s been over a year since the game ended.
– The main character (Main lord) has strange red and blue hair. His mother is a dragon.
– The new “Symbol” gimmick allows players to summon “FE characters” from the past“For your squad.
There are some really interesting things we can pick out here – the fact that the emblem will be used to summon fan-favorite Fire Emblem characters sounds really fun. Plus, we think Gust’s beautiful cel-shaded visual style would work perfectly in the Fire Emblem universe; Atelier Sophie 2: The Alchemist of the Mysterious Dream! And, finally, the game is already over – and has been for a year.
That last one is particularly interesting, because if the game is ready, and has been for over a year, when are we going to get it? We’re already getting a new Fire Emblem game this year with Three Hopes — albeit not a traditional strategy game — so will Nintendo release another in 2022? It wouldn’t be the first time that Fire Emblem: The Sacred Stones and Fire Emblem: Path of Radiance both launched in North America and Europe in 2005, but Nintendo will probably continue until next year.
We’ll have to wait and see if it turns out to be true!