WhatsApp has changed a lot in recent years, since Meta has not only modified the main interface of its messaging platform, but has also added new and important tools that the old functions have already passed to the background, as is the case of the green dot or at sign (@) that appears in a group or individual conversation, why does it appear and what is it for? From Depor we will explain it below. Take note.
The green dot is an old function of WhatsApp, which you have activated inadvertently or by chance; furthermore, this has nothing to do with the “Don’t touch here” message, which was a joke that consisted of users pressing a black dot and automatically displaying thousands of characters that the aforementioned application could not process and ended up blocking.
WHY ARE A GREEN DOT AND AN AT IN WHATSAPP CHATS?
Normally, the green dot appears in the group chats of WhatsApp, because when you receive so many messages and if you do not have time to read them at the moment, you activate the “Mark as unread” function, in this way you will know that you should read the content of that conversation in your free time. You activate it like this:
- First, make sure that WhatsApp have no pending updates.
- Now, open the app and press for a few seconds on a group or individual chat.
- The next step is to press the icon of the three vertical points that are located in the upper right corner.
- 4 options will be displayed, choose the one that says “Mark as unread”.
- Finally, the green dot will appear next to that contact.
Every time you receive a lot of messages in a chat and you open the conversation, automatically WhatsApp It will think that you have read them, however, sometimes the number of messages exceeds 100, 200, 300, etc., and in order not to forget to read them, you can activate the “Mark as unread” tool. On the other hand, the at sign appears when you have been mentioned in a group, there is no greater secret.
SO YOU CAN DEACTIVATE THE WORDS AUTOCORECTOR IN WHATSAPP
- Open WhatsApp and enter any chat, it can be group or personal.
- Here you are going to make a touch on the text field (where you write).
- The keyboard will automatically open, click on the cogwheel or gear icon that is located at the top of the keyboard.
- The “Gboard” options will be displayed, click on the “Spell correction” section.
- Lastly, scroll down and in the “Corrections” section turn off the switch that says “Automatic Correction”.
Done, that would be it. If you want to check the changes go back to WhatsApp and write any word in the wrong way, for example, “Hello” with double “ll”, then press the space bar and you will see that nothing happens, since the autocorrect is already deactivated.