The Google Play Store is the official application store for mobile devices with an operating system. Android, because this site is considered one of the safest places to download programs and games without fear of some kind of virus entering your smartphone; however, some cybercriminals are dedicated to creating applications with the intention of introducing you to a malware virus, which is capable of stealing your personal information and even bank details.
The incredible thing about everything mentioned above is that these applications that appear to be “harmless” manage to circumvent the security and privacy filters of the google play and finally they are published to be downloaded by any user. In this opportunity, from Depor we will show you the list with the programs that contain malware, if you have installed some of these we recommend that you eliminate them immediately.
It is not the first time that Google publishes applications infected with viruses, there is already a history, but, this time the technological portal specialized in cybersecurity, we refer to SecneurX, detected 18 apps with malicious software inserted, the same ones that currently have thousands of downloads. These are the famous Hydra and Joker malware, both of which continue to camouflage themselves and make identification difficult.
THESE ARE THE GOOGLE PLAY APPS THAT CONTAIN MALWARE VIRUSES
It is important to clarify that some applications have been removed from Google Play and others are still available, although it is likely that they will disappear in the coming days, so be very careful and avoid running into this software. Another thing to note is that if they are removed from the Play Store, this does not mean that they will also be uninstalled from your cell phone, they will continue to operate normally, so we recommend you delete them manually.
THE GUIDE TO KNOW IF AN ANDROID APP IS SPYING ON ME THROUGH THE MICROPHONE OR THE CAMERA
- First, go to the “Settings” or “Settings” of your cell phone Androidyou locate it with the icon of a cogwheel or gear.
- Now, look for and click on the section that says “Privacy”.
- Here tap on “Permissions Manager” or “Permissions Manager”.
- The next step is to click on the “Camera” or “Microphone” option.
- In this part you will see all the apps that have access to your camera or microphone.
- In the case of the camera at the top, you will get the following warning: “Apps that have this permission can take photos and record videos”.
- In the case of the microphone, it will appear: “Apps that have this permission can record audio”.
- As you can see, it is a danger to your privacy.
- If you want to deny permission to an application, just press it and you will get three options: “Allow only with the app in use”, “Always ask”, “Do not allow”, choose the last one.
Done, that would be it. you can do the same with the “Storage”, “Contacts”, “Calls”, “SMS” or “Location” access. Remember to frequently check the “Permissions Manager”.