The Genshin Impact is a big deal in Android gaming right now – with an emphasis on “big”. Storage space is a significant concern if you’re playing (or even planning on playing) hit games. Genshin Impact packs on the weight with every update, asking for about 20GB of your storage: Annual patches with new region drops, such as Inazuma in version 2.0, greatly expand the world map, and let’s go with all of our Don’t forget to update the version (every six weeks). Adding new areas, stories, and characters to the game’s content. When are our tools going to catch the brakes?
Adding content comes at a cost, and our limited mobile storage space is paying that price. These updates won’t be slowing down any time soon; HoYoverse is generating a lot of revenue from its multi-billion-dollar title, after all. So it is up to us, the consumers, to tackle the problem. We at Android Police analyzed best practices for optimizing mobile storage space for Genshine Impact, helping your phone or tablet tackle this utter behemoth.
ANDROIDpolice video of the day
What you need to know about pre-installation
If you’re trying to conserve storage space for the Genshine Impact, the pre-installation feature is somewhat of a trap. Pre-installation saves time waiting for your app to be updated by downloading in-game resources a few days in advance; Unfortunately, it doesn’t do your storage resources any favors, and these pre-installation files are too many in their own right.
It’s not impossible to reduce the pre-installation size, but you can elect to clean out the unused files from the previous patch first, and then download the new update upon release. This way you will save some space, but at the cost of your time investment.
Clearing your cache removes the temporary files associated with the Genshine Impact app. Clearing your cache regularly will free up some storage space, and, in some cases, improve the performance of your apps and device. Read our steps to learn how to start this exercise.
- Navigate to your device’s Settings by tapping Adjustment , Application either Apps To open App Manager. Depending on your device, you may need to tap on an additional option to access your app list.
- Once in the manager, scroll down and locate Genshin Impact. Tap on Genshine Impact to view app details.
- On the information page of Genshin Impact, tap on storage. From here, you can clear the data or clear the cache, but for now, we just want to clear the cache.
- tap clear cache to finish. The amount of space you get from clearing your cache will depend on how often you do this step, so if you clear it daily, you won’t notice much difference — just clearing your cache. It’s best to be upset sometimes.
Uninstalling Unused Language Packs
You can uninstall unused voice packs for individual languages to help save storage, saving up to a few gigabytes per language pack, so this has the potential to be a huge space-saver. Managing your language packs is easy; Here’s how to do it.
Comment: New app installs no longer come with all language packs.
- Launch the Genshin Impact application to load the game from your device.
- Tap and tap the Paimon icon to bring up your main menu Adjustment (gear icon).
- Under Settings, scroll down and tap Language, You can manage your voice-over and game language here.
- To start uninstalling unused voice packs, tap on Manage Voice-over Files (located in the lower-left corner) > uninstall,
- If you want to reinstall another language pack later, tap on voice-over language Tap the dropdown menu and then confirm,
reinstalling genshine impact
This is a last resort to consider when cleaning up your storage space. Mass updates can leave behind unused files (e.g., old events and searches) that will eat up your storage, and periodically doing fresh installs may be the only way to get rid of these files completely.
- On your device, return to App Manager under Settings.
- Tap on Genshin Impact, select uninstall, and tap Ok to confirm.
- To reinstall, open Google Play Store and search for Genshin Impact.
- tap establish And launch the app to finish the process. It will take some time to reinstall the game depending on your internet connection, so we recommend using this method when desperately trying to squeeze some extra space.
clear app data
An alternative to uninstalling and reinstalling the game, clearing app data will wipe any files from your device, essentially factory resetting the app. We recommend clearing the data when you’re dealing with problems like a corrupted update file, or if there’s a problem loading or running the game.
Comment: Once you clear app data, you will lose all saved information including your login credentials.
To start clearing app data on your device, navigate to Adjustment , Application either Apps , app Info , storage , clear data,
go big or go home
Monthly updates to the Genshine Impact won’t be slowing down anytime soon, so in order to stay afloat, Howoverse has forced us to take a “go big or go home” approach to the storage space on our phones and tablets. Unfortunately, not all of us even have a 128GB model to begin with, so HoYoverse really needs to come up with a solution to aid with storage management — or find ways to improve file compression.
We’ll have to wait and see if anything improves, but in the meantime, enjoy your newly acquired characters and join the ongoing events – and hopefully we’ll be able to optimize storage space before the next version drops. Will pick up some more equipment.