Omega Rugal was recently added to King of Fighters 15 via a free update. Of course, it’s not uncommon for new characters in fighting games to have some balance issues and bugs that need to be addressed in future patches.
Patch 1.21 is the very same patch for Omega Ruggle in King of Fighters 15. According to SNK, patch 1.21 has already been released for PlayStation 4, PlayStation 5, Steam and the Epic Games Store. Those with the Xbox Series X/S and Windows 10 versions of King of Fighters 15 will have to wait a bit longer until the patch is available.
Almost immediately after Omega Rugal became available in King of Fighters 15, some bugs were discovered about the character. Some of these bugs ranged from giving the Omega Ruggle an unintended advantage to outright game breaking.
In the previous version of King of Fighters 15, Omega Rugal was able to combo his projectiles from anywhere on the screen in his Climax Super Special. This seemed strange because Omega Rugal’s Climax Super Special isn’t really an attack that is normally able to reach opponents on full screen.
SNK has also resolved an issue where the game could potentially crash when included in the lobby in the Steam version. It is also noted that the issue has been addressed where characters sometimes start a round in the wrong position.
See all patch notes listed below:
• Game Crash – Fixed an issue that caused the game to crash when joining the lobby from the link invite or friends menu in the Steam version.
• Early Round Position – Fixed an issue where, in some circumstances, characters would start the round in an unexpected position.
• Shatter Strike – Total recovery frames increased by 3. (because there were far fewer unfavorable frames than usual)
• Massive Pressure – The cancellation window for the second hit is shortened in the CLIMAX Super Special move. (This is to address an issue when canceling in a CLIMAX Super Special move under a certain amount of time, which would result in the opponent not being able to move.)
• Terrible Deadly Wave
– Fixed an issue where if an opponent is hit with a projectile because this CLIMAX Super Special move is activated, regardless of their distance, the CLIMAX Super Special move will land.
– Resolved an issue that caused an opponent’s neck to snap off when zooming in cinematic.