Over the years, mobile screens have not stopped growing. Compact mobiles are in extinction, since most users want a mobile with a large screen.
We have reached some sizes in which it is not very how to use the mobile with one hand. Our fingers already have a hard time reaching the ends of the screen, and to solve this small inconvenience, the manufacturers have been adding different modes that will avoid having to use two hands. We’ll see now Three tricks that will make it easier to use the mobile with one hand.
Activate the one-handed mode of your Android
Most manufacturers include the One hand mode, especially from Android 12, since this mode comes by default. The behavior of the one-handed mode depends on our mobile. in some manufacturer lower the top of the screen or in others it virtually reduces the size of the screen. In addition, the way to activate it also changes:
- In the google-pixel and other Android 12:
- Settings > System > Gestures > One-hand mode.
- Once the gesture is activated, you will only have to slide down from the bottom edge of the screen.
- In the Samsung Galaxy:
- Settings > Advanced features > One-hand operation mode.
- If you activate the button option you will have to press the start button three times. If you activate the gesture you will have to swipe up diagonally from any bottom corner.
- In the XiaomiRedmi and POCO:
- Settings > Additional settings > One-handed mode.
- Here you will have to choose the size and then slide your finger from the sides of the screen.
- In the huawei:
- Settings > Accessibility features > One-handed mode.
- If you use the gestures you will have to swipe up diagonally from one of the bottom corners. If you use the keys option you will have to swipe horizontally from the navigation keys.
If the settings of your mobile integrates a search engine, the easiest thing is to search for “one hand” to discover if your mobile has said mode and where it is to activate it quickly.
Activate the one-handed mode of your keyboard
For more comfortable typing on large screens, most keyboards implement their own one hand mode to reduce its size and bring it closer to our finger. Next we will see how this mode is activated in Gboard and Swiftkey.
On gboard we have to ** hold down the Enter key ** until the option of the one hand mode to slide your finger to that option and release. The keyboard will shrink to one side of the screen. Its options allow us to change the size of the keyboard or change the position of the keyboard to the right or left. On Settings > Preferences > One-handed mode also modes activate and configure this mode.
To activate one-handed mode on the keyboard swiftkey we have to display its options menu by clicking on the three-dot icon on its toolbar and on modes tap on for a hand. Once this mode is activated, we can also adjust its size and change its position to the hand we are using to write.
Zoom with one finger
Finally, we end with an unknown trick for most users, and that is that we can zoom with one hand in most applications. You just have to do a double touch screen and without releasing slide your finger up or down to enlarge or reduce a map, photo, or document.
In Engadget Android | Avoid the problems of large screens with this practical application to use the mobile with one hand