Exclusive: Here’s the OnePlus Nord 2T, and here are the 10 Pro’s best features



TechRadar can exclusively confirm that the OnePlus Nord 2T 5G is the next mid-range smartphone from the Chinese manufacturer, and we have a world-first look at the device – even if it has a rear.

The next Nord handset was rumored for some time, but OnePlus has now officially shared with TechRadar that the Nord 2T 5G is on the way.

Along with the Nord 2T name – which marks the new phone as a clear iterative update on the Nord 2 rather than an entirely new generation – we can also reveal two colors in which the handset will be available.

In the image that OnePlus shared with us (above), you can see the handset in black and pastel green colours. Unfortunately we can only see the bottom of the phone, so we’re still in the dark as to what the camera bump might look like, and how many sensors it will have.



What we can see, however, is a centralized USB-C port on the bottom edge, with a SIM card tray and a speaker on the side.

Previously, rumors about the Nord 2T suggested that the handset could feature a 50MP primary rear sensor as part of a triple-camera setup with a 6.43-inch display, while another report claims that it will be powered by MediaTek. The Dimensity 1300 will be powered by the chipset – though OnePlus hasn’t confirmed any specs to TechRadar.

‘Fast charging, powerful chipset and great camera system’

OnePlus is rapidly expanding its Nord handset lineup as it continues to move away from the introduction of its ‘Challenger brand’, which saw it focus on a single smartphone at a time.

We already have the Nord 2 and Nord CE 2, and the Nord 2T will be the third handset to sport the ‘2’ in its name, though we expect the first of these to be replaced with this new device.

While OnePlus wasn’t able to provide specific details on the Nord 2T’s specs, a spokesperson for the firm told TechRadar that the handset will “upgrade the key essentials of the Nord 2” while maintaining “an affordable price point.”

The spokesperson specifically said “fast charging, a powerful chipset, and a great camera system,” referring to last year’s Nord 2, so these could be key areas where the 2T improves.

OnePlus Nord 2T will support 80W fast charging

“The OnePlus Nord 2T offers the same super-fast charging as the OnePlus 10 Pro,” he said – which gives us our first confirmed spec for the new handset.

It suggests that the OnePlus Nord 2T will support 80W fast-charging. On the OnePlus 10 Pro that meant 0% to 100% in just 30 minutes, and we’d expect similar speeds here as well.

Why ‘T’?

OnePlus now uses the characters ‘T’ and ‘R’ in many product names, but what do they really mean?

The spokesperson told us that the T models “represent an overall performance upgrade for users” while the R models are “entry-level flagship devices equipped with the latest technology,” with a specific focus on charging and mobile gaming.

As far as the Nord 2T is concerned, you’ll have to wait to find out more about the new phone – but the wait won’t be long, as OnePlus has confirmed that it will launch in May.

Source



Related News

Verizon adds another arrow to its 5G Quiver

Verizon has just found a new lane (opens in a new window) for its 5G highway: CBRS, a frequency very close to the C-band that, until now, the carrier has been

How to find out when they will pay you the 2021 Income refund from your mobile

From last April and until next June 30, it is still possible to file the 2021 Income Statement. If you have already done so and it has paid you back, do not

Sony is still making MP3 players: they are for audiophiles and their latest model costs $3,700

The iPod may be dead, but MP3 players haven't. There are several brands that continue to manufacture models intended for the audiophile fieldand Sony is one

This alerts you that your social networks have been attacked

There is no doubt that the social networks they are a clear target for hackers. There are a lot of options available, such as Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and

Silent Hill: the director of the film confirms the arrival of the next game?

The director of the film silent Hill of 2006 stated that Konami is working to bring back the survival horror franchise. Already over an extended period of